Saturday, July 18, 2020

AMSAT BOD Election Controversy

I am running for a position as a member of the board of directors of AMSAT.    Brennan went through an exhaustive process to work out who should be allowed to run for the board.  If I were a member of the board, I would have asked for details on how and why he made the decisions he did because they would be asked of me as a member of the board by the membership.  AMSAT members have no trouble expressing their opinion.

What is the current state of affairs? We have six people running for three positions and that is all that were nominated.  This is a fair and open election.

I know Brennan.  I have for a while.  I worked for him when he was CTO of the ARRL both as a member and then chair of the SDR committee and a member of the technical assistance corp.  Brennan is someone I both like and trust.   He assured me it was a fair election, he told me what he went through to get all those who were nominated on the ballot and all seems to have turned out just fine.

Brennan has denied any statements to the contrary.  I see no reason to pursue this further as a person running for the board since it detracts from other real issues facing the next board.  They are not small, in my opinion, and they will have nothing to do with the makeup and decisions surrounding the ballot. 

I trust Brennan to run a fair election.

Bob
N4HY

2 comments: