Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Intel Atom 330, Travel

I am done completely with set up of Intel Atom 330. It is pretty amazing. I suspect that every manufacturer of computers is pretty unhappy with Intel. This is an amazing capable quad thread (dual core HT) machine EM64T. I am running both Windows XP64 and Ubuntu amd64 (x86_64) on it. It will be my dedicated SDR and multimedia TV machine. MythTV, streamer for windows required services (SCREW DRM!!) such as Netflix and Rhapsody, hulu.com, and more.

I think Blu-Ray is a diller a dollar a ten o'clock scholar. Streaming HDTV streams vitiates any market for Blu-Ray (and large book shelves to store the media).

Off to Austin, Tx tomorrow for a week of SDR work at Flex. This week is dealing almost exclusive with adaptive filtering for all sorts of impediments.

1 comment:

  1. As always, you have a real way with words!

    ReplyDelete